Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chickpea Salad Recipe

I had a misconception that chickpeas have a huge amount of fat,all thanks to my cousin.I almost ignored it unwillingly while i was gaining a lot of weight.
There's and Indian dish called "Chhola Batura", which I have always been in love with. There is a funny thing I do when it arrives before me, I will surely share it when I post Chhola batura recipe.

The reason why you should consume chickpeas:
  • Chickpeas have very low amount of fat, but a high amount of protein and fibre. Hence,they help in controlling weight. Also just a small bowl of chickpeas,makes your tummy feel full.
  • Chickpeas also help lower the bad cholesterol (LDL).
So here's how we make a  healthy chickpea salad.

Ingredients:
A bowl of boiled and refreshed chickpeas

1 tomato, 1 onion , coriander (all 3 finely chopped) , 2 lemons ,red chilli powder or paprika powder, coriander powder, cumin powder , salt to taste

Extra virgin Olive oil

Method: 
  • Take the boiled and refreshed chickpeas in a bowl. Squeeze 1 lemon over it.Add all the above mentioned spices according to your taste.Add salt.
  • Now add all the chopped tomato,onion, and coriander.
  • Lastly,add a tablespoon of Olive oil and give the bowl a good mix.
  • If you like potatoes,add half a boiled potato,cut into pieces.(optional).
  • Garnish with lemon and coriander.
That's it,now do yourself a favor, just serve your hungry stomach with a healthy, nutritious snack. 

Stay Healthy.be Beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment